✔︎ Package free
This large pouch can be used as a clutch purse to carry your money, cards, keys, phone and other accessories (make-up, glasses). You can also use it as a travel pouch to store your toiletries, make-up or electronics. It’s translucent white color is neutral enough to match any outfit and the colored dots add a dash of excitement.
-This pouch is crocheted by hand and sewn sustainably in Athens with approximately 15 to 17 discarded plastic bags.
- Each pouch is lined with leftover awning fabric of a contrasting color, sourced locally in Athens. The fabric is a plastic and cotton mix, resembling a canvas. It is sturdy and waterproof.
- Large, durable zip on the outside that matches the lining color. It is locally sourced in Athens.
Height : 16 cm
Width : 26 cm
- Because of its handmade nature, you may find certain imperfections in its symmetry and appearance. Please bear in mind that this enhances its uniqueness and makes each piece truly one of a kind!
- The colors may vary slightly from the image as they rely on discarded plastic bags that are available to them.
- Wash care: Hand wash or spot clean under cold running water.
[HOW TO USE]
Théla Design is a brand that started in Athens, Greece. The designer hails from India and is a graphic designer. While in India, she saw the growth of plastic consumption and started learning how harmful plastic is to the environment. When she moved to Athens, she was confronted with an even higher consumption of plastic. Having grown up relatively plastic-free, she was inspired to do something about it. That is when she decided to put her knowledge of design and love for handmade and started crocheting with discarded plastic bags.
The designer says, "I started Théla not only to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in the landfills and oceans but to also increase awareness about its impact and alternatives. My focus is on plastic because plastic (single-use or reusable) is the worst kind of material to dispose into the environment, however responsibly it is done. "
Diti, the founder of Théla is definitely one of many people (but still not enough people!) in the world trying to tackle the problem of plastic pollution. Her knowledge of environmental issues and human rights as well as graphic design really amazed us and her story resonated with us. A truly unique idea and product that is sturdy, stylish and usable ever day. It's hard to believe it is made out of discarded plastic bags. The stories behind the design and the various steps to make the products are equally amazing. The products are produced in India where the designer was born and raised; the brand is helping and has a proactive approach to end poverty. All the products are handmade and one of a kind and you can feel her love in each and every piece.