SADDLE BAG - IRIS
✔︎ Animal welfare
Made from AppleSkin: an innovative leather alternative with a high content of natural waste, from the skin and core apple waste of the food industry.
Finally, a statement mini bag that you can wear also for your night out! It’s ideal also as a grab-and-go bag when you want to keep things light for a short city walk or have a quick coffee with friends.
Made in Italy with the greatest attention to detail, Iris is the perfect match between classy and casual style. Great with a nice evening dress but also with jeans and t-shirt! So versatile, the perfect piece in every stylish and conscious girl’s wardrobe.
This bag is called "IRIS" and a part of the Prima Linea - Apple series
- Prima Linea - Apple series -
During our lockdown, we at Miomojo made a pledge to usher in new, even more ethical and sustainable production practices. And with that in mind, we designed this new collection which embodies resilience, innovation, care and style of course!
As a cruelty-free brand, we obviously refrain from the use of skins, but we made an exception for this collection made from Apple Skin! Mela means apple and these bags are made of apples from the Italian region of Trentino Alto Adige, renowned for their great apple plantation. Even better, they’re made from apple waste from the food industry that would have been otherwise destroyed. This collection truly embodies one of Miomojo’s company mottos: from waste to wealth, or rather, to style!
- Body in AppleSkin
- Lining 100% recycled from plastic bottles
- Metal light-gold zipper
- Miomojo metal details in elegant light-gold finishing, allergy and nickel-free
- 10% goes to animals
- Size: Height 15cm x Length 18cm x Depth x 6cm
- Colors: RED | NUDE
- Flap closure with press button
- Inside zipped pocket
- Shoulder drop 37 cm - Hardware drop 19 cm
- Designed and made in Bergamo, Italy
- Do not machine wash
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Clean with a soft, damp cloth
- Do not use chemicals or solvents
- Store the product in its original dust bag
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from heat, direct sunlight and moisture
- APPLE SKIN -
A by-product of the apple juice industry:
• Apple discards feed-stock is dried and minced.
• The obtained apple powder is mixed with a polyurethane and dye compound.
• The resulting mixture is then coagulated onto textiles and then coated to obtain color and texture.
26% Apple | 38% Polyurethane (PU) | 20% PET polyester | 16% Cotton
Lining: 100% RPET (Recycled PET polyester)
AppleSkin is a vegan and sustainable alternative to animal leather.
- This material has excellent yield and remarkable performance.
- Withstands water and sunlight and lasts up to 8 years without any sign of wasting, like synthetic leathers on the market.
- This innovative material perfectly replaces similar materials (petroleum derivatives) but with 100% organic waste.
- The carbon footprint of polyurethane is about 5,28 kg CO2 eq/kg PU compared to apple waste recovery, considered to have zero impact instead: this leads to a saving of 5,28 kg CO2 for every Kg of apple waste used to replace the PU.
Price shown is Japanese consumption tax included.
In our commitment to sustainability, we will continue to work with recycled materials or materials that do not harm the planet.
Our wrapping paper and boxes are made by recycled products.
We have adopted the use of zero-waste packaging, "stible" for delivery. stible is a new packaging service that enables the return and reuse of delivery packaging easily by customers. By reusing the containers, it saves resources and reduces waste and CO2 emissions. Borderless Creations is working together to solve the problem of wasteful shipping methods for brands, consumers, and the planet.
Due to various circumstances, there are cases where we cannot send via stible even if selected. For items that cannot be packaged in stible, we will continue to use letter pack, cardboard, compostable bags, etc.
Shipping fee changes depending on delivery regions (*tax included)
1) Non standard size (定形外郵便)：
Japan Nationwide ¥300
** ** Up to 29 cm (width)/4 cm (thickness) according to general post standards
** Package will be sent through Japan Post mailbox
2) Yu-Pack Parcel (ゆうパック)：
Kanto, Koushin-etsu, Hokuriku, To-kai
3) Ecohai delivery:
*In order to contribute to CO2 reduction, delivery regions have been limited to only Tokyo
*If the package to be sent is less than 80cm (total of 3 sides), you will be able to select Ecohai
*Delivery time cannot be specified.
Please note that we do not deliver overseas at the moment.
Ordered items will usually ship within 5 business days after your credit card has been authorized or after we receive your bank deposit.
Some areas such as remote islands may take days to deliver. Please note that some products may take some time before shipping.
In order to reduce CO2 emissions from shipping as much as possible, orders received by Thursday will be shipped on Friday. If the shipping day coincides with a public holiday, the shipment will be sent on a weekday before the public holiday. We will notify you by email when the product is shipped.
Goods will be delivered in Japan Post Yu-Packet or Yu-Pack Parcel depending on delivery location and weight of goods.
The delivery address is only within Japan.
Returns and exchanges has to be done within 14 days after your delivery. The return cost is either deducted from the refund (if we handle the shipping) or paid by the customer.
If you decide to return your purchase, start by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add your order number as the subject of the e-mail.
We will refuse returns if any of the following apply:
- 14 days have passed since the product arrived
- If the tag attached to the product is separated or lost
- If there is evidence of previous use
- Some of the items or accessories are missing
- When there is a shortage of wrapping supplies such as boxes, cloth bags, shopping bags, etc.
- If the packaging for accessories, smartphone case, etc. is opened
- Recycled or upcycled products may be imperfections because of its handmade nature.
- Other products that we determine cannot be returned or exchanged
ECO PRO 2022 @ TOKYO BIG SIGHT.
We will have a booth at Eco Pro!
Christmas is a special day all over the world but it is also not the most environmentally-friendly time either. This festive season has been the peak consumption period but you CAN actually have a more eco-friendly Christmas without loosing the fun! Here are some tips for a more greener and more sustainable festive season!
We will have an Eco Market at Hiroo! We've invited different vendors to join as well. Please stop by.