HAPPY ART MASK - MIDNIGHT SAFARI
✔︎ Support poverty reduction
✔︎ Animal welfare
A fashionable and fun Kangarui original print handmade in Japan; a three-dimensional cloth mask that is easy to use.
[BUY ONE DONATE ONE]
Kakuma Refugee camp in Northern Kenya accommodates around 196,000 registered refugees and asylum-seekers today. Artist and founder Rui met a very talented fashion designer, Samir from Kakuma Refugee camp, early 2020 at a fashion workshop. His passion and dream of creating modern, stylish clothes for other refugees caught Rui’s attention. Since March 2020, the Kenyan government has required everyone to wear masks in public spaces. Samir, a fellow refugee from the DRC has been using his talent to contribute to his community. He makes and distributes masks to those who cannot afford to buy them at his shop.
By purchasing a mask from Kangarui, you will be supporting this cause. For each mask purchased, you will be donating a vibrant colored African textile mask made by Samir to a refugee in Kakuma camp.
- Two-ply 100% cotton cloth
- String: Nylon/Polyurethane
- The inner pocket has an opening from both ends for a filter.
- There is a wire pocket on the nose.
- Please reuse the package as a mask holder.
- Adult (Medium size) : Height 14.5cm (center) x Width 21cm
- Handmade; therefore the size may be slightly different.
- Made in : Japan
- Please wash and iron before use
- This is not a medical-grade mask and is not intended as a replacement for medical-grade equipment or other recommended measures to stop the community spread of any viruses.
- Dark colored items may fade slightly after repeated washing.
- Use a neutral detergent for washing, and do not use bleach.
Product price is mentioned in each product page.
In our commitment to sustainability, we will continue to work with recycled materials or materials that do not harm the planet.
Our wrapping paper and boxes are made by recycled products. The mailers we use to deliver are made from a combination of corn-based biopolymers and will break down within 90 days in commercial compost and 180 days in domestic compost conditions, including wormfarm compost.
Shipping fee changes depending on delivery regions (*tax included)
1) Yu-Packet (ゆうパケット)：
Japan Nationwide ¥360
** Product thickness is less than 3cm & weight is less than1Kg
** Package will be sent through Japan Post mailbox
2) Yu-Pack Parcel (ゆうパック)：
Kanto, Koushin-etsu, Hokuriku, To-kai
3) Ecohai delivery:
*In order to contribute to CO2 reduction, delivery regions have been limited to only Tokyo
*If the package to be sent is less than 80cm (total of 3 sides), you will be able to select Ecohai
*Delivery time cannot be specified.
Please note that we do not deliver overseas at the moment.
Ordered items will usually ship within 5 business days after your credit card has been authorized or after we receive your bank deposit.
Some areas such as remote islands may take days to deliver. Please note that some products may take some time before shipping.
In order to reduce CO2 emissions from shipping as much as possible, orders received by Thursday will be shipped on Friday. If the shipping day coincides with a public holiday, the shipment will be sent on a weekday before the public holiday. We will notify you by email when the product is shipped.
Goods will be delivered in Japan Post Yu-Packet or Yu-Pack Parcel depending on delivery location and weight of goods.
The delivery address is only within Japan.
Returns and exchanges has to be done within 14 days after your delivery. The return cost is either deducted from the refund (if we handle the shipping) or paid by the customer.
If you decide to return your purchase, start by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Add your order number as the subject of the e-mail.
We will refuse returns if any of the following apply:
- 14 days have passed since the product arrived
- If the tag attached to the product is separated or lost
- If there is evidence of previous use
- Some of the items or accessories are missing
- When there is a shortage of wrapping supplies such as boxes, cloth bags, shopping bags, etc.
- If the packaging for accessories, smartphone case, etc. is opened
- Recycled or upcycled products may be imperfections because of its handmade nature.
- Other products that we determine cannot be returned or exchanged
We will have a special pop up store at Tamagawa Takashimaya! Please stop by.
This year's World Cleanup Day is September 17th, 2022. Cleanup your neighborhood or how about cleaning up a park near you?
We’ve recommended great movies where you can learn about the environment and sustainability that are on Netflix. Here are some new selections!