✔︎ Package free
This roomy carry-all clutch is large enough to carry all that you need for a night out or for everyday use. Wear it as a wrist pouch, transform it into a shoulder clutch or use it as a travel pouch for your toiletries, make-up or electronics.
This clutch is hand woven sustainably in Kutch with approximately 10 discarded plastic bags and sewn under fair trade conditions in Mumbai.
- Each bag is lined with a matching sturdy cotton fabric and has a zipped inner pocket large enough to fit your phone.
- Durable YKK zips, a large matching one on the outside and a more delicate, black zip on the inside.
- The strap matches the lining and has a dog hook that is sourced locally in Mumbai.
Height : 21.5 cm
Width : 28 cm
Depth : 3 cm
Handle length : 53 cm
- Because of its handmade nature, you may find certain imperfections in its symmetry and appearance.
- Please bear in mind that this enhances its uniqueness and makes each piece truly one of a kind! The colors may vary slightly from the image as they brand relies on discarded plastic bags that are available to them.
- Wash care: Hand wash or spot clean under cold running water.
[HOW TO USE]
Théla Design is a brand that started in Athens, Greece. The designer hails from India and is a graphic designer. While in India, she saw the growth of plastic consumption and started learning how harmful plastic is to the environment. When she moved to Athens, she was confronted with an even higher consumption of plastic. Having grown up relatively plastic-free, she was inspired to do something about it. That is when she decided to put her knowledge of design and love for handmade and started crocheting with discarded plastic bags.
The designer says, "I started Théla not only to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in the landfills and oceans but to also increase awareness about its impact and alternatives. My focus is on plastic because plastic (single-use or reusable) is the worst kind of material to dispose into the environment, however responsibly it is done. "
Diti, the founder of Théla is definitely one of many people (but still not enough people!) in the world trying to tackle te problem of plastic pollution. Her knowledge of environmental issues and human rights as well as graphic design really amazed us and her story resonated with us. A truly unique idea and product that is sturdy, stylish and usable ever day. It's hard to believe it is made out of discarded plastic bags. The stories behind the design and the various steps to make the products are equally amazing. The products are produced in India where the designer was born and raised; the brand is helping and has a proactive approach to end poverty. All the products are handmade and one of a kind and you can feel her love in each and every piece.